i hate when people say it’s gross when girls smoke
if you have a dislike of smoking make it universal
a female doing it doesn’t make it more or less gross than a man
1. If you are ever debating doing something small and nice for someone- do it. No matter how out of context or silly it may feel. The moments we remember are the tiny ones, the flickers of life that make a regular day something worth writing home about.
2. Never overlook the constants. I have learned that the stable friends are worth millions of the explosive, fleeting relationships. The friend that will come over at 2 AM when you’re crying and fixes your broken pieces is invaluable. Just because the friend is a constant doesn’t mean they don’t feel the emotion of indifference.
3. 30 seconds of smiling works. Smiling for simply 30 seconds, forcing happiness, can change an outlook on the day. We become what we pretend to be.
4. It is okay to not respond. It is okay to neglect the emotions that consume you for the worst. It is okay to leave behind the people and places that keep you from feeling alive. When you get a letter that does you no good, don’t keep it. We are only as strong as we let ourselves be.
5. Take a chance. If you get a wild and crazy opportunity- do it. You will always learn something.
6. Accept the silence. The truth is, most of us will never truly understand if or how much we impact someone else. We can go years, or a lifetime, without ever realizing what an action meant to someone else. The best we can do is live life in the unknown. The gray, fuzzy area of what is actually known.
7. Humility. To do things because they should be done, and done well. Not for thanks, praise, or even acknowledgement of completion. Just because it is good and we are good.
8. Invest in people. Believe in someone the way you want to be believed in.
9. Rest. It is crazy how much naps and mental peace can improve performance in all other areas of life.
10. You can come back from anything. We are never given more than we can handle. It’ll all be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s just not the end.